[mythtv-users] AMD/ATI graphics card questions

Carl Hunter cdhunter2 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 13:41:45 UTC 2015

On 4/9/2015 2:11 PM, PlainFaceBoy wrote:

>> This is my first attempt at using an AMD/ATI graphics card with Mythtv
>> (Mythbuntu 14.04).  I've always used NVIDIA before this but had some
>> extra hardware that I wanted to try.  I've got an AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7570
>> with HDMI out.  What is considered the best driver for this card in
>> combination with Mythtv?  The open source driver or the fglrx driver or
>> something else?  What playback profile should go along with the driver
>> from the previous question?
>>
> I tried the open and proprietary drivers and both worked fine for me
> with Mythtv.
> I had other problems related to cloned screens that the open drivers
> couldn't manage, and also found the open drivers performance worse, and
> not good enough for other things etc.

What playback profile did you use?  VAAPI? VDPAU Noraml? Normal?

>> Currently I have the fglrx driver running but have some issues.
>
> Have a look at my post at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/583913?search_string=radeon%20cloned;#583913
> in case your issue with the menus is the same....

The Qt painter was the fix for this.  Thanks for the info.  It fixed the
menus through VNC and getting into the setup menus.  I'm assuming the
VNC issue is a bug with the driver since I have the same problem with
Kodi.  Not being able to enter certain menus I would think is a MythTV
bug though.

Thanks

Carl