[mythtv-users] Mysql 5.5 to 5.6 upgrade on Gentoo

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Fri Apr 3 13:55:00 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 6:26 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I ran into an odd one with my last run of updates under Gentoo.  This
> update included an update of MySQL from 5.5.40 to 5.6.22.
>
> The first issue I ran into was that the MySQL update didn't trigger a
> rebuild of php 5.3, either from emerge @preserved-rebuild or
> revdep-rebuild.  This causes "Headers and client library minor version
> mismatch" errors in php.
>
> Even more strange is that the MySQL update triggered a rebuild of
> MythTV (which usually isn't needed) but did NOT trigger a rebuild of
> dev-qt/qtsql using either @preserved-rebuild or revdep-rebuild , which
> based on everything I've ever heard, including this thread:

> ...is definitely required.  I just had to manually recompile both.
> Anyone else run into this?
>
> Thanks
> Tom

According to genlop (great tool), I haven't emerge'd qtsql since August
last year, and I upgraded to mysql-5.6-22 on Jan 28. I didn't re-emerge
mythtv immediately after, either (not until March). I guess everything just
worked. I had a weird problem a couple weeks ago where I wasn't able to
save changes to recording schedules in mythweb but I didn't have time to
dig into it then. I've since upgraded php and the problem has gone away
(may or may not be related).

Karl