[mythtv-users] Mysql 5.5 to 5.6 upgrade on Gentoo

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 13:26:00 UTC 2015

I ran into an odd one with my last run of updates under Gentoo.  This
update included an update of MySQL from 5.5.40 to 5.6.22.

The first issue I ran into was that the MySQL update didn't trigger a
rebuild of php 5.3, either from emerge @preserved-rebuild or
revdep-rebuild.  This causes "Headers and client library minor version
mismatch" errors in php.

Even more strange is that the MySQL update triggered a rebuild of
MythTV (which usually isn't needed) but did NOT trigger a rebuild of
dev-qt/qtsql using either @preserved-rebuild or revdep-rebuild , which
based on everything I've ever heard, including this thread:

...is definitely required.  I just had to manually recompile both.
Anyone else run into this?

Thanks
Tom