[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28 (mythtv: to exclusive) 0.27)

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Tue Mar 25 14:50:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 5:29 AM,  <mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net> wrote:
> On 03/24/2014 07:30 PM, Thomas Mashos - thomas at mashos.com wrote:
>>
>> So I've just pushed v28.4. This has the larger font, as well as some
>> color status fixes. Also has a fix for mythzoneminder showing the
>> correct size in the frontend.
>

> First let me just say thanks for working on this theme.  I have been on
> v26-27 for quite a while and haven't had much experience with the 28 line
> until playing around with the latest in git the last couple of days.  (I
> started using git so I could perpetuate a couple of customizations that I'll
> describe later.)
>
> I'm a bit torn with the font size increase.  I have three frontends - 23",
> 32", and 46", all 9-10' away - and never had a problem before.  In direct
> comparison it is more readable on the smaller displays.  However, the font
> looks somewhat comical on the big TV, especially now that all recording text
> is always pure white.  I know the main menu clock color was also changed; I
> preferred the more subdued color, especially in a dark room.
>
> I did find some other issues with text not fitting and such.  Trac doesn't
> look like a hotbed of theme bugs - should I just send you a list?  I worked
> on some of them last night and can send you a patch if you want.
>
> My personal customizations:
> * I like the popop menus in the upper left instead of centered.  I find it
> less obtrusive.
> * On the guide-with-video I added the clock back (time-only) between the
> main title and video box.  I also used some unused space below the main
> title to give the subtitle two lines, which allows more subtitles to display
> without truncation.
>
> John

Theme bugs we'd usually just want in launchpad, but I'd say lets go
ahead and put them here for now since we're trying to get things
sorted before 14.04 final freeze.

I'm not sure what you mean by "* I like the popop menus in the upper
left instead of centered.  I find it less obtrusive.", can I get a
screenshot? I have a feeling this is not intended.

Regarding the font size, it's wasn't difficult to read the text from
15' away on a 55" tv, it was just a bit of an eye strain. I might
shrink the font size down a little, but not much. I'll look at
changing from white (actually I think it's light grey) to a darker
grey)

I list of things with patches would be nice (separate patches). Then I
can see which ones we should put in the theme.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos