[mythtv-users] multiple transmitters - same channel

my thtv mythtv at cain.id.au
Wed Mar 19 03:08:22 UTC 2014

I have been using Mythtv for some years, however, recently here in
Sydney Australia they have been retuning the digital (DVB) transmit
frequencies.So I took the opportunity to re-scan my channels.However, I
am in range of a number a transmitters and in some instances they are
carrying the same services but signal strength and quality varies
between them.

I allocated different channels for the different transmitters in order
to compare the quality of my reception from each source.However, I
believe myth is not tuning to each but defaulting to a particular
transmitter, regardless of the channel selected.

So I had a look at some of the tables in mythconverg to try to determine
why that may be.When checking channelscan_channel and
channelscan_dtv_multiplex it appears that the latest scan correctly
identify the same channel information with multiple entries for each
frequency.I also checked dtv_multiplex, however, this table did not have
all the available frequencies listed.It would seem that where
transportid and networkid are identical for two different frequencies
then only one of the frequencies is shown.

So my questions are;

Can mythtv show the same channel (2 channels with identical transportid,
networkid and serviceid)but on different frequencies?

If not how can you choose which transmitter between multiples
transmitting the same channels?

-Andrew