[mythtv-users] multiple transmitters - same channel

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 03:47:45 UTC 2014

Hoi my,

Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 4:08:22 AM, you wrote:

> I have been using Mythtv for some years, however, recently here in
> Sydney Australia they have been retuning the digital (DVB) transmit
> frequencies.So I took the opportunity to re-scan my channels.However, I
> am in range of a number a transmitters and in some instances they are
> carrying the same services but signal strength and quality varies
> between them.

> I allocated different channels for the different transmitters in order
> to compare the quality of my reception from each source.However, I
> believe myth is not tuning to each but defaulting to a particular
> transmitter, regardless of the channel selected.

> So I had a look at some of the tables in mythconverg to try to determine
> why that may be.When checking channelscan_channel and
> channelscan_dtv_multiplex it appears that the latest scan correctly
> identify the same channel information with multiple entries for each
> frequency.I also checked dtv_multiplex, however, this table did not have
> all the available frequencies listed.It would seem that where
> transportid and networkid are identical for two different frequencies
> then only one of the frequencies is shown.

> So my questions are;

> Can mythtv show the same channel (2 channels with identical transportid,
> networkid and serviceid)but on different frequencies?

> If not how can you choose which transmitter between multiples
> transmitting the same channels?

> -Andrew

I think the channels you finally can see are defined by your linking
to received xmltv info. I don't know if you can link the same xmltv
info to more than one channel, only that one xmltv source has to be
linked to one physical source. If you receive one channel twice
through one physical source, link xmltv to the strongest.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop