[mythtv-users] mythburn.py with cutlist: ERR: Cannot jump to chapter 7 of title 1, only 6 exist

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:16:27 UTC 2014

On 3/6/14, 7:43 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> Good.  I think you may have fixed a primordial bug here.

When I was investigating the bug, I looked at the mythburn.py version on
my prior mythtv system, and the bug was still there.   I'm guessing that
I just never ran into it before because the proportion of cut to
left-behind content was low enough to not trigger the bug.   But in this
case I was testing with a tiny video, where cutting 5 seconds from the
beginning and end was enough.

When I first tested the patch, mythburn.py still failed, but for a
different reason.   And that is, if the video is small enough (mine was
6 seconds after cutting), the auto chapter marks are set to 0 seconds
after rounding.   dvdauthor fails with a similar error to the one in the
subject line.   However, I can't imagine anybody having a DVD recording
of less than 10 seconds, so I don't think this is worth fixing.

> You said earlier that you hadn't updated your version of ProjectX
> because you would have to rework your earlier patch.  I don't think
> that's true.  Newer versions support appendPidToFileName, but if you
> don't need it and don't specify it I would expect them to be OK;
> however, in that case the newer version may not give any benefit.

Yeah, I think what I was meaning was that if I had updated my ProjectX
version, then the patch that I would have ended up with would have been
much simpler.   Not necessarily that the existing patch would stop working.

In other words, the patch that I produced is a bit heavy-handed, merely
because I had an old projectx version.

-WD