[mythtv-users] mythburn.py with cutlist: ERR: Cannot jump to chapter 7 of title 1, only 6 exist

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Mar 6 12:43:19 UTC 2014

On 05/03/14 21:09, Will Dormann wrote:
> On 3/5/14, 11:08 AM, Will Dormann wrote:
>> On 3/5/14, 10:42 AM, Will Dormann wrote:
>>> getLengthOfVideo() is parsing streaminfo.xml to determine the video
>>> length, and streaminfo.xml does not reflect the post-cut size:
>>> <file duration="21" cutduration="21" type="mpeg"
>>> filename="/var/lib/mytharchive/temp/work/1/newfile2.mpg">
>>
>> Or more specifically, the "cutduration" property gets lost by the time
>> it makes it to newfile2.mpg:
>

> Attached is a patch made against mythburn.py with the last patch I
> posted
> <http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-March/361359.html>
> applied.
>
> If the filename is "newfile2.mpg", the length of the video is obtained
> via streaminfo_orig.xml instead of streaminfo.xml.  This way, size
> difference applied by the cutting is enabled.
>

> -WD

Good.  I think you may have fixed a primordial bug here.  I edited the
patch into my current version and a test run with a multi-segment
high-ratio cutlist successfully created a DVD image with the
MythCenter-Animated theme and auto-created equi-spaced chapter markers.

Then I masochistically tried combining the cutlist with user-specified
chapter marks.  This is perhaps a bit exotic but I couldn't get the
marks to stick.  My normal practice of applying the cutlist before
entering MythArchive lets me do it on the rare occasions when it seems
worthwhile; it also makes it easier to predict the size of the final
.iso image.

You said earlier that you hadn't updated your version of ProjectX
because you would have to rework your earlier patch.  I don't think
that's true.  Newer versions support appendPidToFileName, but if you
don't need it and don't specify it I would expect them to be OK;
however, in that case the newer version may not give any benefit.

Cheers,

John