[mythtv-users] mythbackend deletes recording extremely fast

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:07:02 UTC 2014

Hoi Nicolas,

> Am 28.04.2014, 13:02 Uhr, schrieb Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:

>>> I think this thread may contain some hints
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-December/343988.html
>>>
>>> Basically the first guess is that you may have multiple file systems
>>> with unbalanced expire-able recordings.
>>
>> And make sure you do not use the Balanced Free Space (default) or
>> Balanced Percent Free Space Storage Group Disk Schedulers if you're
>> running with full file systems and relying on auto-expire for deletion.
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/532093#532093
> Aaaah, this sound logical as I have two disks in the box and there
> is a little "storage change history".
> Never thought about the fact that auto-expire works on each
> datastore independently (if I understand this correctly now - I only flew over the links for now).

> Will investigate my storage conditions with this in mind - thank you guys!

> Nicolas

Actually as said before here, autoexpire doesn't know beforehand on
which filesystem the file is. I think you should set the minimal free
space at least the size of one regular recording and if you have often
more recordings running to double that. This gives myth the time to
arrange it's housekeeping. Also following an old discussion, why keep
deleted files around, say more than one day. It makes things more
complicated for housekeeping. And as said, before it is actually
deleted autoexpire doesn't keep track of the actual filesystem the
files are on. To it, it is just a pool of unspecified possible free
space.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven