[mythtv-users] mythbackend deletes recording extremely fast

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Mon Apr 28 17:50:42 UTC 2014

Am 28.04.2014, 19:07 Uhr, schrieb Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>:

> arrange it's housekeeping. Also following an old discussion, why keep
> deleted files around, say more than one day. It makes things more
> complicated for housekeeping. And as said, before it is actually

Well, I don't keep deleted files around. But I set up a huge amount of recording rules - some trivial, some complex - that record everything me and my girlfriend _may_ interest. This implies that our box records much more stuff we ever will be able to view! :D
On the contrary, we are able to switch on our htpc at every time, being able to nearly always find something we want to see - in our current mood.

Long story, short result:
both filesystems are always full (with unwatched or protected recordings) and this is per design(ed usage) :)

I just checked my settings and the storage management is set to "combined". After reading the stuff around balanced free space, it is clear to only chose between "balanced i/o" and "combined".
My personal conclusion after reading the wiki is that there is only a slight difference between those two - or, for my case: there is no difference at all (because both of my storages are of same type (local)).

Anyways, now I am sensible to the multiple storage condition and will monitor/examine the system with that in mind.

Again: thx to all helpful posts!

Nicolas

--
www.nskcomputing.de