[mythtv-users] Cablecard and mythtv (more)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 22:29:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM, John Adams <mythtv at onevista.com> wrote:

> After 8 trips thru Comcast support, I have received the message from
> tier2 support that 'they do not support linux'
> I guess that is a change in the Comcast policy and myth with cable
> card will no longer be supported by Comcast.

No change in policy.  Comcast has never supported Linux.
Or Mac OS X, or Windows, or even TiVo.  Neither does
TMC, Charter, nor any others.  Comcast supports the
CableCARD. Now, their people are certainly more experienced
with helping TiVo and WMC people, and even tend to be
able to read and recite the script for those that can barely
follow the on dumbed-down screen instructions of the TiVo.
Something that (in general) the CSRs have no idea how to do
for software such as MythTV

There are many causes for the inability to properly
provision a CableCARD to a subscriber.  The Ceton and
SiliconDust support lists are full of examples.  For most,
things work, for some, it is clearly a nightmare.  Sorry to
here you are in the latter group.