[mythtv-users] Cablecard and mythtv (more)

Tom Bongiorno tbjr at bongohut.com
Tue Nov 26 02:25:32 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM, John Adams <mythtv at onevista.com> wrote:

> After 8 trips thru Comcast support, I have received the message from
> tier2 support that 'they do not support linux'
> I guess that is a change in the Comcast policy and myth with cable
> card will no longer be supported by Comcast.
>
> I've given up fighting this.  Its only TV after all and I have an
> analog work around for those 12 channels.
>
> Now another question.  On the slave backend I find I need to specify at
> least the Default directory otherwise I get a repeating error message.
> I currently have this directory connected by NFS to the master backend.
> Is there a better way?
> --
> John Adams (mythtv at onevista.com)

Did you try the Comcast CableCard hotline (877-405-2298)?  When you say
Tier 2, it makes me think you called the main number.  The main number
support personnel are clueless about CableCards.  It took me two years to
stumble upon my contact.  This was before there was a hotline.

BTW, it isn't Comcast obligation to support Linux.  They are obligated to
support CableCards.

-Tom