[mythtv-users] Mythweb and duplicate channels

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 06:40:07 UTC 2013

Fellow Mythizens,

I have four tuners, two of which record from digital CATV STBs whereas
the other two are directly connected to analogue cable. The channels
that are available on analogue cable are a subset of the digitally
available channels.

So I have created two video sources and in order to maintain maximum
scheduling flexibility I have configured all available channels in each.
So this means that there is an overlap: there are channels that exist in
both video sources, with the same xmltv ID.

This works just fine from the backend's perspective: recordings will be
scheduled and executed on whichever tuner is available (with a
preference for digital since the picture quality is marginally better).

But in Mythweb each channel that is available from both sources is
displayed twice on the listings page, and scheduled recordings are shown
on both lines (regardless of the video source that will actually be used
for the recording).

Not a biggie, but is this something that I can work around through
configuration?

Many thanks, Jan