[mythtv-users] Mythweb and duplicate channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 7 06:47:48 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 01:40 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Fellow Mythizens,
>
> I have four tuners, two of which record from digital CATV STBs whereas
> the other two are directly connected to analogue cable. The channels
> that are available on analogue cable are a subset of the digitally
> available channels.
>
> So I have created two video sources and in order to maintain maximum
> scheduling flexibility I have configured all available channels in each.
> So this means that there is an overlap: there are channels that exist in
> both video sources, with the same xmltv ID.
>
> This works just fine from the backend's perspective: recordings will be
> scheduled and executed on whichever tuner is available (with a
> preference for digital since the picture quality is marginally better).
>
> But in Mythweb each channel that is available from both sources is
> displayed twice on the listings page, and scheduled recordings are shown
> on both lines (regardless of the video source that will actually be used
> for the recording).
>
> Not a biggie, but is this something that I can work around through
> configuration?
>
> Many thanks, Jan

To ensure that channels with identical content are treated as the same
by the scheduler (meaning for rules with "this channel" filter), assign
the same call sign to them.  (This is optional--you need not do this if
either you don't use "this channel" rules or you want to be able to
specify which one to use with "this channel" rules.)

To tell the guide to display one row for 2 channels with identical
content, assign the same callsign *and* the same channel number to both
channels.  Again, optional (but this is what you're asking for so it
seems you've opted for it--and just need to configure it).

Mike