[mythtv-users] UK Freeview SD LiveTV on 0.27-fixes resolution problem

Paul dazzle at edazzle.net
Mon Nov 4 18:28:34 UTC 2013

I have recently moved from 0.24-fixes to 0.27-fixes (to fix slow scheduling)
and I use the different resolutions for each type of recording / video I
watch.

So I have:
1080P: 1920x1080 at 60Hz for HD TV
576P: 720x480 at 60hz for SD TV (no 576P at 60hz) although I am currently using
1280x720 at 60hz
480P: 720x480 at 60Hz for non-recorded videos

Now when I put on LiveTV  in Freeview SD the picture is zoomed into the top
left hand corner only but a recording from Freeview  SD TV displays
correctly at the right resolution. Freeview HD displays correctly at 1080p
on LiveTV or recording - if I switch to Freeview HD channel then back to
Freeview SD channel then the SD channel displays correctly.

At the moment I don't have any custom modelines in my xorg.conf and I have
UseEDidFreqs set to false and ExactModeTimingsDVI set to true.

PC: Atom 330 / ION CPU
OS: Ubuntu 12.04
MythTV: 0.27-fixes

any help appreciated