[mythtv-users] Anyone have binary RPMs for 0.27 build for Fedora?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Nov 6 16:36:10 UTC 2013

On 06/11/13 15:02, Richard Shaw wrote:
> My fault guys, somehow when switching from my 0.27 test spec to making
> it the current spec file I messed up the git_ver tag. The fixes patch
> should be current to somewhere near the end of October.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Well, thanks again to you, Richard.

I now have it built (from the F18 SRPM) and running under Scientific
Linux 6, but that's with the aid of several other repos:  sl,
sl-security, sl-fastbugs, kde-testing, kde-unstable, epel, elrepo,
elrepo-kernel, rpmfusion-free-updates.  Graphics chip is Intel, so no
nVidia packages needed. I'm still seeing the older version of
MythCenter-Wide.

It works, but it's probably not a good idea to install it as first
choice;  although I've found the SL list knowledgeable and helpful there
are too many minority options and 'you get to pick up the pieces' will
apply in force.  My last Fedora upgrade (f17-f18) worked well and I
think that mainstream Fedora is probably a better choice for someone
wanting an RH-based system.  But that's perhaps getting to feel a
minority too, here and now.

John P