[mythtv-users] Where have default start early/late settings gone in 0.27?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 1 12:22:18 UTC 2013

On 11/01/2013 07:52 AM, Bob Long wrote:
> After running 0.21 for many years, I finally got around to building a
> new 0.27 system on new hardware.
>
> (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit + Mythbuntu + Cinnamon; fixes/0.27
> (v0.27-63-g8845997)
>
> But I'm stumped on where to find the settings for "default start early"
> and "default end late" (in minutes - not the other early/late option in
> seconds). I've tried a few themes to no avail.
>
> I was sure I'd seen it before (perhaps in someone else's 0.25 system?) in:
>
> Frontend|Setup|Video|Recording Priorities|Set recording priorities, but
> I can't see it there (or anywhere else I've looked, either).
>
> Do the settings still exist somewhere?

No.  Those settings were a hack.

Instead, you now have the ability to create Recording Rule Templates.
These allow you to specify values to use for basically every part of the
Recording Rule.  Each system starts with one Recording Rule Template
called Default.  You can set the start early/end late--or whether or not
to run commercial detection and/or user jobs, or whether to allow
auto-expiration, or the Recording Group, or the Storage Group, or
...--in the Default template and those values will be used when creating
new rules.

However, you can also create your own custom Recording Rule Templates.
So, for example, you may want to create one called Movies that sets
auto-expire as enabled, the Recording Group as Movies, the Recording
Priority as low (maybe -50), ...  And create another called "Kids Shows"
which sets its auto-expire/Recording Group/Priority and also specifies a
max of 3 recordings with Record New and expire old.  And...

Mike