[mythtv-users] Where have default start early/late settings gone in 0.27?

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Fri Nov 1 13:11:49 UTC 2013

Michael T. Dean wrote,

> On 11/01/2013 07:52 AM, Bob Long wrote:

[..]

>> Do the settings still exist somewhere?
>>

> No.  Those settings were a hack.
>
> Instead, you now have the ability to create Recording Rule Templates.
> These allow you to specify values to use for basically every part of the
> Recording Rule.  Each system starts with one Recording Rule Template
> called Default.  You can set the start early/end late--or whether or not
> to run commercial detection and/or user jobs, or whether to allow
> auto-expiration, or the Recording Group, or the Storage Group, or
> ...--in the Default template and those values will be used when creating
> new rules.
>
> However, you can also create your own custom Recording Rule Templates.
> So, for example, you may want to create one called Movies that sets
> auto-expire as enabled, the Recording Group as Movies, the Recording
> Priority as low (maybe -50), ...  And create another called "Kids Shows"
> which sets its auto-expire/Recording Group/Priority and also specifies a
> max of 3 recordings with Record New and expire old.  And...
>
> Mike

Ok... I see the sense of that.

I found the default template and modified it for early/late times, so
that's good. Also added a "this channel" filter. Here (Australia) we
often have the same program appear simultaneously on other multiplexes,
so I don't want them recorded too (or am I misinterpreting/misusing that?).

Seems to work when I use the frontend to schedule. When using Mythweb,
the early/late times show as I've set them (good), but the "this
channel" filter checkbox is not ticked. What am I missing here?

Related, I created my own "Test" template, but I can't see a way in
Mythweb to use it. Is that possible?

Oh, MythTV is fantastic, so thanks to all the developers.

--
Bob Long