[mythtv-users] Mythweb scheduled Recordings not working when program already started

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 4 05:29:30 UTC 2013

On 12/04/2013 12:20 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Is there a way to do this from mythweb? When trying to get my system back
>>>
>>> working I am on the backend and it has no frontend ability.
>>>

>> You'll get the same information from any frontend you use--it doesn't have
>> to be on the same host.
> Yeah I was going to respond by saying "mythfrontend works on any frontend"
>
> Of course the OP may not be using mythtfrontend on his frontends, he
> may be using XBMC which certainly lacks in the scheduling interface.

I was simply directing him to the best tool for the job.  Once I've done
that, if people choose to use inferior tools, they can live with the
consequences.  :)

>> In MythWeb, if you hover over the title in the Upcoming Recordings screen,
>> what does it say under Notes?  It may explain it.
>>
> Yep that should tell you. Often if EPG data is inadequate (eg just
> gives a generic description) mythbackend thinks the programme is a
> repeat.

If it's truly a generic episode***, MythTV will record it, regardless of
the duplicate matching method specified, specifically because we don't
know which episode is airing (or whether it's a new episode).  However,
if it's a "non-generic" episode but with a bad description (which is too
generic), it may be treated as a repeat.

Mike

*** Meaning it has no program ID, no subtitle, and no description; or
it's marked as a series and has a program ID that ends with "0000"