[mythtv-users] Mythweb scheduled Recordings not working when program already started

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 05:20:02 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 12/03/2013 10:40 PM, Mark Pennock wrote:

>>> At which point you should go into mythfrontend's Manage
>>> Recordings|Upcoming Recordings and find the episode and look at the
>>> reason
>>> it says it's not going to record.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this from mythweb? When trying to get my system back
>>
>> working I am on the backend and it has no frontend ability.
>>

> You'll get the same information from any frontend you use--it doesn't have
> to be on the same host.

Yeah I was going to respond by saying "mythfrontend works on any frontend"

Of course the OP may not be using mythtfrontend on his frontends, he
may be using XBMC which certainly lacks in the scheduling interface.

> In MythWeb, if you hover over the title in the Upcoming Recordings screen,
> what does it say under Notes?  It may explain it.

Yep that should tell you. Often if EPG data is inadequate (eg just
gives a generic description) mythbackend thinks the programme is a
repeat.