[mythtv-users] New blue-abstract theme 1.8

Scott harris scott.harris0509 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:38:07 UTC 2012

>>> Dont disable it, its one of the best features of this theme.  IMO.
>>
>> Agreed

>So how do you guys actually read the scrolling content with the  current
>scrolling speed, if the episode description is like 10 lines  longs, but
>you only see 4 lines at once? I might not be the fastest  reader, but I
>doubt anyone could really read those with the current  settings.

I don't believe I've ever seen an episode description that wouldn't fit in
the standard box, so I can't comment.

>A slower scrolling speed would definitely help too, though I'd still
>prefer to only read the full description on demand, because everybody  has
>a different reading speed, and you might not start reading right  after
>opening the recording, so you missed the first lines and need to  wait
>until the scrolling loops back. Bad usability IMO.

You still have that option.  I guess I don't see the difference between a
description that is cutoff that you can't fully read or that's scrolling
that you apparently can't fully read.  Either way, you can't fully read it
and have to go to the info screen.