[mythtv-users] ATSC Unwatchable

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 14 03:23:32 UTC 2012

On 09/13/2012 10:53 PM, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:
> Don't get discouraged by people that seem hostile.  They may be real jerks,
> or be really nice and having a bad day, or just come off badly via email.

And they may be one of the people who spends a great deal of their time
writing and debugging drivers for capture cards (and possibly other
hardware) as well as supporting users of those capture cards, and they
may have already wasted a huge amount of time before the three posts in
this thread trying to debug issues for other users that ended up being
caused by running with the same unsupported configuration, so that the
addition of this smaller amount of time to the already-expended time is
truly a colossal amount of time.

Besides, how can any of us know how much time Devin spent looking at
archives of information and code to prepare responses before each of
those 3 posts?  It's possible he spent hours of his time doing thorough
research in an attempt to provide quality support at no cost to you (in
spite of having no responsibility to provide any support at all).  I can
guarantee that some of the people spend a /lot/ of time preparing
MythTV or software/drivers used by MythTV).

Mike