[mythtv-users] Question about Auto-expire

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:55:06 UTC 2012

On 12 Sep 2012 17:47, "Robert Dege" <livemotion at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to record and keep 20 episodes of Sesame Street on my
mythbox at all times.  As new episodes are recorded, old episodes can be
deleted.

> I tried to set this up in the Recording Schedule by enabling auto-expire,
and setting "No. of recordings to keep" to 20.  However, based on the
documentation, auto-expire works primarily on disk space usage.  Plus, once
20 episodes of the show have been recorded, mythtv won't record anymore
until I manually delete the old episodes.

> Am I missing something?  Is it possible to implement this setup?
>
> MythTV Version : v0.25
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
> Network Protocol : 72
> Library API : 0.25.20120408-1
> QT Version : 4.8.1
>

> Thank you
>
> -Robert
Yes you can definitely do this, I have lots of kids show rules set like
this.

Depending on where you are editing the schedule the option name is slightly
different. In mythweb it is something like expire old and record new.

Stephen