[mythtv-users] Question about Auto-expire

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:54:12 UTC 2012

On Sep 12, 2012 5:48 PM, "Robert Dege" <livemotion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to record and keep 20 episodes of Sesame Street on my
mythbox at all times.  As new episodes are recorded, old episodes can be
> I tried to set this up in the Recording Schedule by enabling auto-expire,
and setting "No. of recordings to keep" to 20.  However, based on the
documentation, auto-expire works primarily on disk space usage.  Plus, once
20 episodes of the show have been recorded, mythtv won't record anymore
until I manually delete the old episodes.
> Am I missing something?  Is it possible to implement this setup?
> MythTV Version : v0.25
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
> Network Protocol : 72
> Library API : 0.25.20120408-1
> QT Version : 4.8.1
> Thank you
> -Robert

You need to check "record new and expire old" in mythweb, or set "max
newest" in the frontend menu to "delete oldest if this would exceed the max