[mythtv-users] autoexpire started deleting recent shows?

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Oct 25 06:59:25 UTC 2012

My disk got full and autoexpire has been deleting shows.  It seemed to
be picking the oldest shows, but recently it seems to have started
deleted recent shows.  I haven't updated myth recently, although there
was a mysql update a few weeks ago (Oct 8).  However, the problem seems
to have started well after that (Oct 18 by a quick look at the logs).

Any ideas how to diagnose or fix this?

One entry:
Oct 17 23:36:32 corn mythbackend[887]: N Expire autoexpire.cpp:640 (SendDeleteMessages) Expiring 4427 MB for 2041 at 2012-08-31T22:00:00 => Monk:"Mr. Monk Can't See a Thing"

That's odd for several reasons.  First, I'm sure I watched the show and
pretty sure I manually deleted it.  Could deletions I request be showing
up in the logs as autoexpiries?

Second, that entry is immediately followed by the deletion of another
episode.  I also saw that one, but not on the same day, and I think I
deleted them at different times.

Third, there are quite a few older shows around.

Running in a Debian testing chroot with Marillat's packages:
MythTV Version : v0.25.2
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120506-1