[mythtv-users] Suddenly all Upcoming Recordings vanished; DB Error?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 08:31:46 UTC 2012

On 25 October 2012 02:37, Justin Smith <justin at smithpolglase.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded to 0.26 a couple of weeks ago and all has been well.
>
> Until last night. I noticed that a show I was expecting to record was
> not recording. A quick check showed that the guide data all appeared
> as per normal, and that all recording rules were still present, but
> the upcoming recording list was empty (normally has many entries). The
> scheduler was no longer matching recording rules to the guide data for
> some reason.
>
> I restarted the backend but that didn't change anything.

In addition to Jos' suggestions, have you ruled out crashed table(s)
in the database?

Many of us run the optimize_mythdb.pl script in a cron job to keep the
database healthy (check your local install or download from
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/master/mythtv/contrib/maintenance).

Cheers,
Nick