[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Mon Mar 19 23:04:37 UTC 2012

There does not appear to be any such option (unless I am not understanding
you).  I am in the tree, go to a track press Menu; there are a lot of
options, but Replace is not one of them (not under "playlist Options"
either).  If I press select , it simply checks the track and adds it to the
playlist (or unchecks and removes).  Now, I can select an ALBUM or ARTIST
and there the Replace option, but not at the track level.

Having said that, I am getting more accustomed to the new interface.  I
would still prefer a directory browse option, but in lieu of that, I think
the single thing that you could do that would improve the overall experience
IMHO is add an ability to split albums and artists into smaller sub groups
(i.e. A - E, F - J, K - O, P - T, U - Z) so browsing the tree, you'd end up
with Artists -> A-E -> 'Black Crowes' -> All Tracks, Albums, etc.  The
single biggest reason I used directory browse mode in pre 0.25 was to break
them up into smaller chunks so I didn't have to scroll for 15 minutes to get
to 'Meatloaf' from 'ABBA'.