[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:18:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> > I could not agree more on this point.
> >

> On the playlist editor screen Artist find the Artist you want then the
> Album or track you want to play, press SELECT or MENU then chose Replace
> and track(s) you selected will play.

Unfortunately, the replace function does not seem to be working in
mythbuntu nightly builds (mythbuntu 10.0.04 x64).  I also have a bug where
I am unable to exit the playlist editor back to mythfrontend (the menu
comes up, I select exit, it stays in mythmusic), but I'm guessing these are
more likely a theme or mythbuntu problem.

> > Another nit (issue that makes me curse more than I should) is that my
> > album listing shows up in alphabetical order, not track order.  It is
> > quite painful to try to listen to a live album with the tracks
> > improperly ordered and by the time I run to my cd collection to figure
> > out the correct track order, I'll just put the cd into the player...
> > And before anyone asks, yes my mp3s are tagged correctly.  The tracks
> > all play correctly (the right order) on my ipod, android phone, and
> > car stereo off a thumb drive when copied from the same source location.
> >

> Change the 'Shuffle Mode' to Album it will then play the tracks in track
> no. order

That will definitely help (although it appears I already did this), but I
still feel that when tracks are sorted by album in the playlist editor,
they should be listed in track order not alphabetically.