[mythtv-users] 0.25 - livetv fails when starting on a specificchannel

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 19 19:28:32 UTC 2012

On 03/19/2012 03:08 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/19/2012 02:40 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> Almost definitely NFS misconfiguration, as Daniel mentioned.
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.8 (specifically the
>>> actimeo option).
>> Except as I mentioned, I only have the issue when the Always Stream
>> setting is turned on. Thus it shouldn't even be trying to use NFS,
>> right? I didn't notice anything in the logs to indicate it was trying
>> NFS. Turning off Always Stream resulted in it using NFS, and that
>> worked fine.
> Right.  If you force it to do something other than default behavior, it
> does what you say, not what it should.
>
>> But for the record, I didn't have actimeo=0 set. I don't think that
>> would have made a difference based on my understanding, but just to be
>> sure I'll try turning the Always Stream on
> It should be off.  Off = "do the right thing."  On = "I don't care what
> you think, I know better."  :)
>
> The "default" now is off.

Ah, you said that Always Stream doesn't work.

My, "Almost definitely NFS misconfiguration...," comment was directed to
snharris99 (who said his system failed to work without it).

In your case, I'm not sure why Always Stream doesn't work, but since you
shouldn't be using it, anymore, it's probably not a problem.  :)

Mike