[mythtv-users] 0.25 - livetv fails when starting on a specific channel

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Mar 18 17:25:52 UTC 2012

I'm running 0.25 from about a week ago. Today I discovered a case
where livetv consistently won't work if I start on a particular
channel. If I start on another channel and switch to that channel, it
works fine. However if I start on that channel it hangs for about 10
seconds before dumping back to the menu with the "error opening
jumpfile" message. However, I've noticed that even though it doesn't
playback, the 10 second file is created, and if I go into the
"recorded programs" screen and switch to the livetv group, the
recording is there and it plays fine. I also did some testing with
mplayer, where as soon as I start mythtv in livetv and it's waiting
for the video to start, I quickly switch to mplayer and begin to play
the mpg file, and the file works fine. So it's not a case where the
data isn't making into the file (or the data isn't being flushed) in a
timely manner, because mplayer is seeing it just fine at the same time
that myth can't.

Backend log:
http://pastebin.com/TxZTJi3j

Frontend log:
http://pastebin.com/MaGuvBw6

Anyone have any ideas? The only thing I see in those logs that stands
out to me is that myth says it can't access the file, but as I said,
mplayer can just fine. It doesn't seem to matter if I use VDPAU or
not.

--
Ron Frazier