[mythtv-users] 0.25 - livetv fails when starting on a specific channel

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Mar 18 19:57:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> I'm running 0.25 from about a week ago. Today I discovered a case
> where livetv consistently won't work if I start on a particular
> channel. If I start on another channel and switch to that channel, it
> works fine. However if I start on that channel it hangs for about 10
> seconds before dumping back to the menu with the "error opening
> jumpfile" message. However, I've noticed that even though it doesn't
> playback, the 10 second file is created, and if I go into the
> "recorded programs" screen and switch to the livetv group, the
> recording is there and it plays fine. I also did some testing with
> mplayer, where as soon as I start mythtv in livetv and it's waiting
> for the video to start, I quickly switch to mplayer and begin to play
> the mpg file, and the file works fine. So it's not a case where the
> data isn't making into the file (or the data isn't being flushed) in a
> timely manner, because mplayer is seeing it just fine at the same time
> that myth can't.

I did some more debugging on this. Turning off the AlwaysStreamFiles
setting files seems to let playback work on this channel. I couldn't
find that setting in the setup screens (was it removed in 0.25?) so I
just disabled in the database and that took care of it. Still don't
know why it's just that one channel that fails for streaming. Any

Ron Frazier