[mythtv-users] some youtube videos stall trying to start with master

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 14 21:52:01 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 01:26 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Currently using master (v0.25-beta-99-gff73126) I'm finding whether
> mythnetvision plays a youtube video pretty hit or miss.  On quite a
> number of videos the youtube player initializes but the screen just
> remains black.  I can EXIT back to the list of videos and try again but
> the same thing happens.  Other youtube videos seem to work though.
>
> For an example, search for "a" in youtube videos.  The second video
> "Noah takes a photo of himself every day for 6 years."
> (videocode=6B26asyGKDo) has this problem, as do a number (but not all,
> i.e. the one right below it - "RickRoll'D" -- videocode=oHg5SJYRHA0
> plays) from that search list.

Is it completely black or does it show a dark area for the video with a
horizontal line in the middle 1/3?

I've been getting that with youtube (and other videos where
MythNetvision just plays the ".swf" file rather than loading up an HTML
page from the upstream site), but haven't figured out what causes it or
how to fix it.

Mike