[mythtv-users] osx-packager-qtsdk.pl (was Re: [mythtv-commits] packaging/master commit: 1af486e9a by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard))

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:54:43 UTC 2012

Hi

On Tuesday, 6 March 2012, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> Looks really interesting.  Sorry to ask such a basic question, but could
> you point me to the right QT download?  The standalone SDK installer is 1.2
> GB which is a big chunk of my crappy download cap.  The libraries installer
> seem to be at:

Thé 1.2GB is the SDK, you don't have to use it

> http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/qt-for-open-source-cpp-development-on-mac-os-x
>
> Cocoa: Mac binary package for Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.6 (64-bit)
> http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-mac-opensource-4.8.0.dmg (178 MB,
> includes build and interface tools)

You can use that one. But note that the 4.8.0 package is 64 bits only. I
used the 4.7.4 package instead. While it doesn't support lion officially,
it works fine.
Just lots of warnings in the log..

> Is this the right one?  The notes in the new osx-packager-qtsdk.plindicate that there should be both 32 bit and 64 bit versions--but I only
> see 64?

The packager will test the qt you've installed and error out if you are
trying to compile 32 bits against 64 libs or vice versa..

> Thanks again for all the work dragging the Mac client forward!
>
> I have spent in excess of 100 hours on that crap believe it or not :(

Do not use Xcode 4.2, it will crash during the build. Use 4.3 or lion, or
4.1 on 10.6 (3.x will work too)

Otherwise, built 32/64 packages are available there:
http://avenard.org/files/mac/

I will amend the readme file with the new procedure.. I still need to work
on the 0.24 build too