[mythtv-users] Best way to export to mp4 in .24-fixes

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Mar 5 14:57:17 UTC 2012

On 05/03/12 14:10, Martin Moores wrote:
> On 5 March 2012 14:05, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws
> <mailto:jam at tigger.ws>> wrote:
>

>     I thought I was a real dawk doing it this way ... maybe not
>     This works well and reliably ...
>
>     Create your cut list
>     Archive->Make DVD [c] use cut list
>
>     Watch ....mytharchive/work/1/newfile.mpg
>
>     When it stops growing save it
>
>     I then edit with avidemux to index it, but there are other tools too
>
>     James
>

> I was trying to do this over the weekend and was surprised that you
> could only use cutlists when archiving to disc and not to file.  Your
> workaround would do the trick though, will give it a try.
>
> Martin

IIRC MythArchive won't go through an mp4 intermediate for all input file
types.  Certainly the patched version that I use (based on 0.24-fixes,
dvb-t) doesn't. Maybe there's a setting I've forgotten about.

What's the source of your recordings, and Myth version?

And creating an 'archive' is intended for later reimport.  IIRC  it just
dumps the files and metadata without transcoding.

John P