[mythtv-users] mythweb and mythpreviewgen / previewgenerator.cpp more verbose message

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Jun 19 07:32:34 UTC 2012

On 18.06.2012 11:01, Kai Dupke wrote:
> after installing mythtv fresh on a server I figured out that I need to
> have mythtv-frontent installed to get mythtpreviewgen to enable mythweb
> to generate previews.

installs which do not install all files are broken and not supported by
the project.

> As I'm using a package from packman on openSUSE 12.1 it would be an idea
> to add a dependency to mythweb for mythtv-frontend, too.

If some packager broke MythTV by not installing all files then yes, you
should report the issue to the packager.

Usually you want to install all files but only setup some services
depending on the role of the system. (database only on the master
backend, but run the backend on all backend systems etc.)

Regards,
Karl