[mythtv-users] mythweb and mythpreviewgen / previewgenerator.cpp more verbose message

Michael Drons mdrons at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 12:53:50 UTC 2012

From: Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>

To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:32 AM
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythweb and mythpreviewgen / previewgenerator.cpp more verbose message
>
>On 18.06.2012 11:01, Kai Dupke wrote:
>> after installing mythtv fresh on a server I figured out that I need to
>> have mythtv-frontent installed to get mythtpreviewgen to enable mythweb
>> to generate previews.
>
>installs which do not install all files are broken and not supported by
>the project.

>> As I'm using a package from packman on openSUSE 12.1 it would be an idea
>> to add a dependency to mythweb for mythtv-frontend, too.
>
>If some packager broke MythTV by not installing all files then yes, you
>should report the issue to the packager.
>
>Usually you want to install all files but only setup some services
>depending on the role of the system. (database only on the master
>backend, but run the backend on all backend systems etc.)
>
>Regards,
>Karl
>

>I am not using a package.  I am using source from git.
>

>mythtv version:
>mythbackend --version
>Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
>MythTV Version : v0.25.1-39-geffb32b
>MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
>Network Protocol : 72
>Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
>QT Version : 4.8.2
>Options compiled in:
> linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_backend
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2
 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libudf