[mythtv-users] mythweb and mythpreviewgen / previewgenerator.cpp more verbose message

Kai Dupke mythtv at koma.han.de
Mon Jun 18 09:01:53 UTC 2012

[this is my first posting to this list, please forgive me if this is
wrong style or way to help]

Hi,

after installing mythtv fresh on a server I figured out that I need to
have mythtv-frontent installed to get mythtpreviewgen to enable mythweb
to generate previews.

The message in the logs was not that helpful and it would be great if
this could be changed a bit to 'is the mythpreviewgen bin installed?' or
if a real check on the bin could be done.

This is the message I got

previewgenerator.cpp:219 (Run) - Preview: Run() cannot generate preview
local

As I'm using a package from packman on openSUSE 12.1 it would be an idea
to add a dependency to mythweb for mythtv-frontend, too.

greetings kai