[mythtv-users] Best MythGallery compatible photo/video organizer?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Jul 16 19:51:11 UTC 2012

Can anyone on this list recommend a relatively simple but reliable
photo/home video manager which can integrate well with MythGallery?
What are people using?

Over the years my MythGallery directory has gotten to be a bit of a
mess, with some subdirectories imported from within MythGallery, some
copied in from other places.  Sometimes the date of import was quite a
bit later than the date the photo was taken.  Sometimes the device
wasn't fully cleared before a second import, so there are duplicates.

Most photos are tagged with a reasonable date internally.  I'm looking
for something that can reorganize the photos and videos in a sensible
hierarchy by date/time actually recorded (not imported), weed out the
duplicates, and doesn't keep them locked up in its own database but
rather keeps it on disk in a way MythGallery can read it.

Any suggestions?

Eric