[mythtv-users] How to get Fanart onto differently named folders?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:45:26 UTC 2012

With help from a number of people on the list I've been slowly sorting
out my videometadatadb.

I prefer to show my library in list view as I've broken things down in
Movies and TV and then again by number/letter grouping (eg TV L-N),
then under that I will have a subdirectory for the Actual Show Name,
then each Season (if applicable).

I've worked out that Fanart only gets shown on the Actual Show Name
directory if the name matches EXACTLY (inc punctuation marks) the name
of the show if the Show episodes are stored in a subsequent Season
subdirectory (i.e. The show cannot be in a child directory more then
one level further down).

However in a few instances the Actual Show Name directory may not be
the name of a show but instead a group of similar programmes such as
documentaries or similar (the Adam Curtis documentaries being a good
example).

Is there any easy way to get a specific fanart or other image onto the
Actual Show Name directory where its name does not match the program
names stored within it?

Here's an example to help....

Adam Curtis - Documentaries           --->  The Century of the Self
--> Actual Programmes
                                                     --->  The Power
of Nightmares  -->  Actual Programmes
                                                     --->  The Trap
-->  Actual Programmes

In the above example the "Adam Curtis - Documentaries" directory is
image blank whereas the next three Directories pick up the fanart from
their immediate child directories.

Any ideas or pointers much appreciated.