[mythtv-users] Hardware and software battles

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 19 02:58:42 UTC 2012

On 01/18/2012 09:26 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 1/18/2012 21:18, Jeffrey Preston wrote:
>> Problem 3 - I successfully installed version 11.04, and began setting
>> up the tuners, and to my surprise, scanning for channels with the
>> analog tuners no longer worked. But scanning for digital channels
>> worked fine. OK, so I had to set up the analog channels in the channel
>> editor manually.  PITA, but problem solved.
> Analog scanning should work fine, but it's moot since you should never
> do it anyway.  Pull your channel lineup from your Schedules Direct account.

This has a bit more info:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

It's in a thread where I was explaining how to fix a broken config, but
the steps still apply to a new install--or, I'm assuming in your case, a
complete Delete all capture cards after a major (card driver version)
upgrade and, it seems, a Delete all video sources--maybe because you
have different channels/provider from before?  You /did/ restore the old
database with your old history, though, right?

Mike