[mythtv-users] VDPAU Feedback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 17 20:14:44 UTC 2012

On 01/17/2012 02:06 PM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> And you all may very well have convinced me to move if I can't get my
> CentOS 6 stability problems fixed over on the atrpms-users list (I'm not
> making a whole lot of headway there.)
>
> My main concern would be synchronizing with the house server sitting in
> the garage which is the master backend. That for the foreseeable future
> will continue to run CentOS. So if I run one of the appliance distros I
> still need to make sure it works with whatever I'm running in the garage
> which is generally packages from ATrpms. Axel is pretty good on keeping
> up on relatively current fixes so I don't think it would be too much of
> a problem.

In theory, if you're using 0.24-fixes on both, you shouldn't have any
problems--though you /will/ have to watch out for point releases.  We
won't change protocol or schema version without at least a point version
change.  So, going from 0.24-fixes from prior to the 0.24.1 release to
after the 0.24.1 release would be something you probably wouldn't want
to do until you can update all your systems to a point past the point
release--or, at the minimum, you'd want to ask some questions on the
list before updating any part of the system past the point release.

> Is Mythdora still active? As you say, seems like *buntu gets all the
> traffic now.

http://mythdora.com/?q=node/5808

Mike