[mythtv-users] NVidia Settings not Being Retained?

mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Mon Jan 16 19:57:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Scott and Nicole Harris <
snharris99 at live.com> wrote:

> > > Anyone have any suggestions to get this to remain across reboots from
> the start without having to do a "dummy" nvidia-settings open?
> >
> > The user controlled nvidia settings were found in my home directory and
> > named:
> >
> > .nvidia-settings-rc
> >
> > You may want to see the differences before and after a reboot. Also,
> > make sure the permissions are correct.
> >
> > Doug
>
> I'll have to check them when I get home (machine is sleeping, so no ssh).
>  I am farlry sure that it will show up correctly in the settings file, as
> like I said, I don't have to change anything after a reboot, simply opening
> the nvidia control panel is enough to get it toggle.  In fact, it toggles
> before the nvidia control panel is even visible.

nvidia-settings -l

will load the settings in the configuration file and then exit.  I had to
do this on a Mythdora install I was running before and ran it when X
loaded.  You can also specify the configuration file to be loaded with the
--config option.  More options are available with the --help option.

Be careful to run nvidia-settings as the proper user. :)

I'm not sure if that's what you are referring to as a "dummy" open but it
will do the job without your intervention.

HTH,
Jerry