[mythtv-users] Is interleaving memory still the best bet for an Atom?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Jan 11 03:21:56 UTC 2012

On 1/10/2012 22:02, Dave Badia wrote:
> I build an ION2 D525 system over the summer using a Habey EPC-6568.  I
> started with 1GB of ram, but kept getting assembler errors when trying
> to compile myth

If you only had 1GB of memory, no swap, and were trying to compile
MythTV on that system, it is entirely likely you were running out of
memory, invoking the OOM routines, and the terminated programs would
appear as strange compiler errors in the build logs.

> Anyway, I ended up upgrading to 2GB of ram and using VDPAU for playback.

2GB of memory is only required for some of the original ION systems.
The VDPAU implementation prefers 512MB of video memory, and the old
shared memory ION systems required 2GB of system memory before they
would allow you to allocate 512MB to graphics.  Your ION2 D525 has
dedicated video memory built into it, and does not share between the CPU
and graphics.