[mythtv-users] IPTV in the Netherlands

wim w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:03:12 UTC 2012

Op 9-1-2012 10:41, Robert Verspuy schreef:
> Hi Wim,
> On 01/08/2012 08:27 PM, wim wrote:
>> Is anyone here running MythTV with one of these providers.
>> And if so how did you set it up.
> I'm living in Zeewolde and have XMS (www.xmsnet.nl) as fiber ISP.
> They're using the Lijbrandt platform for delivering IPTV.
>
> I've got the IPTV working in mythtv by spoofing the dhcp request and
> mac address of amino settopbox on my mythtv.
> More details can be found on my website.
> See http://www.robmir.nl/robert/mythtv/iptv-recording/ for making the
> changes directly on your mythtv (and use a second nic to connect
> mythtv to the second (iptv) lan port on the fiber modem
> Or http://www.robmir.nl/robert/mythtv/iptv-router/ where I posted some
> info about setting up a small router, so you can use Mythtv and the
> settopbox at the same time.
>
> I must say, this is old information (but it still works and is stable
> for the last 2 years)
> In the mean time, I've setup a alix board with vyatta, which is
> connected to internet and iptv (nic 1 and 2), and nic 3 is connected
> to my internal network. I have iptv on every system in my house,
> including the settopbox. when I have time, I will post more details on
> my site.
>
> iptv with xms (leijbrandt) is working very good, I can record up to 5
> concurrent streams. (the 6th is not coming in, so I think that's a
> limit in the multicast routers in the network is the ISP.
> The streams are unencrypted, so mythtv can just write them directly to
> disk. Very low cpu usage for that. 5 HD streams can take up to 60-70
> mbits per second.
> the hd streams are often 1080i and have 2 audio streams (2 channels
> and 5.1 channels).
>
> I don't have any experience with DVB-C with xms (lijbrandt)
>
> Regards,
> Robert
>
> --
> *Exa-Omicron*
> Patroonsweg 10
> 3892 DB Zeewolde
> Tel.: 088-OMICRON (66 427 66)
> http://www.exa-omicron.nl

Hi Robert

Last sunday afternoon before starting this topic I read your website.
That looks very promising.
But there are a few bits of information missing. For example how did you
fill your m3u file?
Also the solution with the router is very nice.
But I want to use Mythtv only like I do now. I don't mind the long
channel changing times that much but i do like to have everyting in one
user interface.

Lets hope we get the right fiber network.

Wim