[mythtv-users] IPTV in the Netherlands

Robert Verspuy robert at exa-omicron.nl
Mon Jan 9 09:41:00 UTC 2012

Hi Wim,
On 01/08/2012 08:27 PM, wim wrote:
> Is anyone here running MythTV with one of these providers.
> And if so how did you set it up.
I'm living in Zeewolde and have XMS (www.xmsnet.nl) as fiber ISP.
They're using the Lijbrandt platform for delivering IPTV.

I've got the IPTV working in mythtv by spoofing the dhcp request and mac
address of amino settopbox on my mythtv.
More details can be found on my website.
See http://www.robmir.nl/robert/mythtv/iptv-recording/ for making the
changes directly on your mythtv (and use a second nic to connect mythtv
to the second (iptv) lan port on the fiber modem
Or http://www.robmir.nl/robert/mythtv/iptv-router/ where I posted some
info about setting up a small router, so you can use Mythtv and the
settopbox at the same time.

I must say, this is old information (but it still works and is stable
for the last 2 years)
In the mean time, I've setup a alix board with vyatta, which is
connected to internet and iptv (nic 1 and 2), and nic 3 is connected to
my internal network. I have iptv on every system in my house, including
the settopbox. when I have time, I will post more details on my site.

iptv with xms (leijbrandt) is working very good, I can record up to 5
concurrent streams. (the 6th is not coming in, so I think that's a limit
in the multicast routers in the network is the ISP.
The streams are unencrypted, so mythtv can just write them directly to
disk. Very low cpu usage for that. 5 HD streams can take up to 60-70
mbits per second.
the hd streams are often 1080i and have 2 audio streams (2 channels and
5.1 channels).

I don't have any experience with DVB-C with xms (lijbrandt)

Regards,
Robert

--
*Exa-Omicron*