[mythtv-users] IPTV in the Netherlands

Robert Verspuy robert at exa-omicron.nl
Wed Jan 11 09:37:28 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 10:03 PM, wim wrote:
> Hi Robert
>
> Last sunday afternoon before starting this topic I read your website.
> That looks very promising.
> But there are a few bits of information missing. For example how did
> you fill your m3u file?
Yes, I didn't place that information for a reason on my site.
The IPTV providers are not happy when m3u files with links to every
channel is floating around on the internet.

I wrote a small php script, which parses the index.xhtml which is
returned from http://w.zt6.nl
This index.xhtml holds all channels as a big piece of "minified"
javascript source.

Then my php script saves a m3u file in the format (only posting the
first dutch channels)

> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:0,1 - NED1
> #EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=ned1.glashart
> udp://224.1.3.1:12110
> #EXTINF:0,2 - NED2
> #EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=ned2.glashart
> udp://224.1.3.2:12112
> #EXTINF:0,3 - NED3
> #EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=ned3.glashart
> udp://224.1.3.3:12114

When you want to watch or record up to 5 streams, you have to create 5
IPTV recorders in mythtv-setup, all with the same m3u file as source.

I also write a php script, which can be used as a xmltv script, which
loads all EPG data from the w.zt6.nl website (only available through
iptv network, not through internet).
I will post this EPG script somewhere in the near future on my site
(also, when I have a bit more time, very busy with work)

> Also the solution with the router is very nice.
> But I want to use Mythtv only like I do now. I don't mind the long
> channel changing times that much but i do like to have everyting in
> one user interface.

The only thing I use the amino is the interactive stuff, but maybe this
can be configured in the mythtv in the future.

> Lets hope we get the right fiber network.

That's really important and can only be based on finding other fibers
users in the neighbourhood with the same ISP, because my experience is
that the ISP's don't know these technical details of the IPTV connection.

Regards,
Robert

--
*Exa-Omicron*