[mythtv-users] ramfs for mysql

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jan 5 20:08:27 UTC 2012

On 1/5/2012 14:43, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM, jk90090<jk90090 at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> Then the correct response isn't to delete all references and leave
>>> them in the dark - it's leave the page up and add what you've written
>>> here as to why is shouldn't be done.
>>>
>>> Otherwise, next time someone comes along as has the same idea, the
>>> same discussion will get repeated - which is not good use of anyone's
>>> time.
>>>
>> I tend to agree with this line of though, but I "raise" you that it
>> would be really useful if some of these threads ended up being
>> summarized and posted to the some sort of wiki so future Mythers don't
>> have to wade through endless threads to find the nuggets of useful
>> data.  Sometime this happens on the wiki, but as shown by this thread it
>> seems sometimes it doesn't...
>>
>> -JK
> I think it would be more useful for the page to exist, if only to say
> this is unsupported and we won't support saying how to do it in the
> place where people will search for it (ie the direct page), then just
> create a category for these pages to exist in, that category will live
> on as the compiled source of these things.
>
> But as others have said, to just delete it only begs for this type of
> thing to come up again and again.

Perhaps, but the wiki isn't a good place for this kind of information.
The existing wishlist pages fulfill a similar purpose, and there are
enough duplicates that result on those because the user can't be
bothered to read all the way through them (or perhaps understand them)
before posting a new one.  The mediawiki search algorithm is simply too
awful to make the pages usable.