[mythtv-users] ramfs for mysql

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 19:43:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM, jk90090 <jk90090 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/5/12 8:36 AM, Simon Hobson wrote:
>> Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>
>>> The fact that a page has appeared several times just shows that people
>>> who don't know what they're doing are fiddling around with MySQL.
>> Then the correct response isn't to delete all references and leave
>> them in the dark - it's leave the page up and add what you've written
>> here as to why is shouldn't be done.
>>
>> Otherwise, next time someone comes along as has the same idea, the
>> same discussion will get repeated - which is not good use of anyone's
>> time.
>>
> I tend to agree with this line of though, but I "raise" you that it
> would be really useful if some of these threads ended up being
> summarized and posted to the some sort of wiki so future Mythers don't
> have to wade through endless threads to find the nuggets of useful
> data.  Sometime this happens on the wiki, but as shown by this thread it
> seems sometimes it doesn't...
>
> -JK

I think it would be more useful for the page to exist, if only to say
this is unsupported and we won't support saying how to do it in the
place where people will search for it (ie the direct page), then just
create a category for these pages to exist in, that category will live
on as the compiled source of these things.

But as others have said, to just delete it only begs for this type of
thing to come up again and again.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!