[mythtv-users] Myth Transcode error status 0

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jan 5 11:50:23 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 10:40 AM, Science Technician wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am have a problem with stripping adverts out and cleaning up the start
> and ends of programmes. Most programmes are fine but every now and then I
> get a programme where it Errors during the transcode process.
>
>   It exits with the following information:
>
> Job: Transcode Status: Errored (SciMythTV)
> Exit Status 0, Job Status was "Running"
>
> The cut points are put in manually.
>
> I have tried removing the very first and very last cut points that run
> right up against each end of the recording in case this was the issue but
> that hasn't helped.
>
> I have tried watching the Job status whilst doing other things so I know
> it starts and gets some of the way through.
>
> Any thought on what might cause this problem or how I can get more
> information that might help address the issue?
>
> I am afraid that of the four or five OSs I work with Linux is the one I am
> least familiar with.
>
> If I can supply any more information eg. logs etc... than let me know what
> I need to do.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> John.

Hi:  You don't say what flavours of Linux and MythTV you're running or
what programme source you are using.  I would guess Freeview.
Mythtranscode has a long history of problems with a few of these
recordings.  It's my understanding that they usually arise when the
visually-impaired audio stream stops or starts at programme transitions.
  The best solution I have found is here:  I use it all the time.

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx

To use this you need to download the script and Project-X and build that
using the java development tool:  it's all quite straightforward but
probably looks daunting at first.  Contact me off-list if you like.

John P