[mythtv-users] Myth Transcode error status 0

Science Technician SCITECH2 at combebank.kent.sch.uk
Thu Jan 5 13:07:12 UTC 2012

bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of John Pilkington

> Hi:  You don't say what flavours of Linux and MythTV you're running or
> what programme source you are using.

 No sorry really should have done.

I am running MythDora 12.23

 I would have really liked to have built from scratch as that would
have given me the experience I need to do a lot more problem solving for
myself. Unfortunately the system was built for my work place and I am
managing it in my spare time so I don't have the tinker time I would
like.

> I would guess Freeview.

 That is correct.

> Mythtranscode has a long history of problems with a few of these
> recordings.  It's my understanding that they usually arise when the
> visually-impaired audio stream stops or starts at programme
> transitions.
>   The best solution I have found is here:  I use it all the time.
>
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx

 Thanks for that. Having read the page is my understanding correct that
this is effectively a replacement for MYthTranscode and you will end up with a user job
to use in place of the transcode Job?

> To use this you need to download the script and Project-X and build
> that using the java development tool:  it's all quite straightforward
> but probably looks daunting at first.  Contact me off-list if you like.

 Ok I will give that ago. Really should be too hard I did use to write and
compile my own code but have got out of that arena now.

Thanks for the help

John.

--

         .
        / \            _________________________________ Combe Bank School
|     \_\|/_/     |  |   scitech at combebank.kent.sch.uk   |            Kent
 /  |     |__)   \                                      Tel:  01959 562918
/___.   | |  ) ___\                                     Fax:  01959 561997
    \'-'  --' /                     email: enquiries at combebank.kent.sch.uk
     '.     .'
       '-.-'

Registered Charity No. 1007871  Company Registered No. 1067557

***This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager and delete it.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Combe Bank School.  Finally the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Combe Bank School accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.  This email has been scanned for viruses by Sophos PureMessage.***